First remember that the press have a job to do … they keep us informed, they have to sell papers and they have to entertain us. They cannot be experts in everything they write about so cut them some slack, understand their motives and then ignore what they say about planes and flying.
Here is good advice about the media
- Don’t read press or media reports.
- Avoid Air Crash Investigator type programmes.
- Disbelieve what they report.
Here are some words which the media use but which are not used in aviation circles
- Air pockets.
- Near miss.
- Aborted landing.
- Point of no return.
- Dangerous airports.
- Fell out of the sky.
- Fell thousands of feet.
- Narrowly missed, or escaped.
- Wrestled with the controls.
- Hit, as in a thunderstorm or turbulence.
If you want me explain the truth behind anything you see in the media please ask me and I shall do my best to discover the truth and explain it to you. I’m here to clarify and explain the things that worry you.Discover the facts about flying for fearful flyers